What ARAS can assist with
What ARAS advocates can assist with:
- Accessing aged care services, e.g. how to organise support, options to facilitate the process.
- Change in services, e.g. the service has been reduced or stopped, the care has been altered.
- Appropriateness of services, e.g. the service does not meet needs, the service is provided in an unsuitable manner.
- Communicating with staff, e.g. older person requires strategies to ask questions and discuss their care, support at a meeting to address concerns.
- Rights and entitlements, e.g. whether the older person has the right to expect a particular service provided in a specific manner.