Win a free conference registration to WEAAD 2019
Are you a community member from a South Australian rural or remote area?
Are you interested in being sponsored to attend the ARAS World Elder Abuse Awareness Day Conference at the Stamford Grand in Glenelg on 17 June 2019?
The United Nations General Assembly has designated one day in June as World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD). It is the main day in the year when the whole world voices its opposition to the abuse and suffering inflicted on older people.
The purpose of WEAAD is to encourage communities to recognise the problem of elder abuse and for countries to create policies that foster respect for elders and provide them with the tools to continue to be productive citizens.
What does the sponsorship* pay for?
- Travel costs to and from Adelaide (flights/petrol)
- Hotel accommodation (with one breakfast and one dinner) near the conference venue for one night
- Transfers to and from the airport (if required)
- Day delegate fee at the conference (includes morning tea and lunch)
- Applicants must be a community member in a South Australian rural or remote area.
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander community members are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Tell us why you want to attend the conference and what you expect to get out of it.
Due date: Friday, 31 May 2019
Results: Tuesday, 2 June 2019
Send your response (with your full contact details):
- Complete the form below; or
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Post to: ARAS, PO Box 7234, Hutt St SA 5000; or
- Fax to: (08) 8232 1794; or
- Deliver to: ARAS, 16 Hutt Street, Adelaide SA 5000
*Contact ARAS on (08) 8232 5377 or email@example.com for full details of sponsorship