What ARAS can assist with
What ARAS advocates can assist with:
- Accessing services (e.g. how to arrange for help at home).
- Changes to services (e.g. when the service has been reduced or stopped, or the care plan has been altered).
- Appropriateness of services (e.g. the service does not meet the needs of the older person, or the service is provided in an unsuitable manner).
- Communicating with staff (e.g. the older person may seek assistance to ask questions or discuss care needs with the service provider, or they may want support at a meeting to address their concerns).
- Rights and entitlements ( e.g. whether the older person has the right to expect a particular service provided in a specific manner, or the right to request a change of care worker).