ARAS Residential Care Advocacy Program
The Australian Government funds nine community based advocacy organisations in each State and Territory under the National Aged Care Advocacy Program (NACAP). The program aims to assist consumers of Australian Government subsidised aged care services to exercise their rights through various advocacy processes. ARAS is the South Australian component of the NACAP.
The Residential Aged Care Advocacy Program assists:
- Recipients and potential recipients of Australian Government subsidised aged care services including:
- residential care
- community care (Community Aged Care Packages, Extended Aged Care at Home Packages and Extended Aged Care at Home Packages Dementia
- flexible care.
- People who have been assessed by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT).
- People caring for care recipients including their carers, family friends or representatives including a person who is the designated guardian of the care recipient.
- Older people who are finding it difficult to negotiate the aged care system and are looking for appropriate care options.
- Staff, allied health professionals, representatives and others who require information or strategies to uphold rights.
- Former recipients of aged care services.