What ARAS can assist with
- Ideas on how people can participate in decisions and plans regarding their care or on other matters i.e. their environment, safety, activities etc.
- Strategies on how to get better outcomes regarding their care.
- Have some one speak up for the person to ensure their care is met and is up to the right standard.
- Information on what people are entitled to regarding their care and need to discuss options that would best suit their situation.
- Information on compulsory reporting of abuse of residents and Department of Social Services requirements under changes to the Aged Care Act 1997.
- Have a speaker to come to their resident group to discuss rights and entitlements, how to improve consultation and the importance of providing feedback to the facility or service.
- Advocates cannot investigate, solve complaints or implement remedial directives this is the role of the Department of Social Services Complaints Investigation Scheme.