ARAS is bound by the thirteen Australian Privacy Principles that form part of the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) and the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act 2017.
To ensure your privacy is respected we will:
- Offer you our "How ARAS advocates for older people" leaflet and/or copy of our Policy.
- Seek your permission to collect only information that would enable us to provide options to resolve your concerns.
- Obtain your consent before sharing your information with any other person or agency.
- Provide secure storage and disposal of any personal information.
- Ensure that you have access to your personal information. If it is found to be incorrect or out-of-date it will be amended or additional information added.
- Discuss with you any legal or other requirements that may limit the information we can make available to you.
- Respect your decision to remain anonymous while explaining how this would impact on our ability to advocate on your behalf.
- Ensure our data reporting system does not pass on information that may identify you.