You can use an ARAS Aboriginal Advocate to help you with information and services:
Rights and entitlements
- The older person/ Elder has the right to expect to have identity, culture and diversity valued and supported
Accessing aged care services
- how to organise support and be informed about services and care that is understood
Change in services
- Reduced or stopped, review the care plan and be listened to and understood, and have it communicated in a way without adverse reactions.
Appropriateness of services
- The service does not meet needs and is not delivered in an unsuitable manner
Communicating with staff or management
- Older person/ Elder requires strategies to ask questions and discuss their care, support at a meeting to address concerns.
- Cultural specific needs such as the request for Interpreter Service, ARAS can arrange a booking of an Interpreter who can speak your language.